#1 Steve_Colby

Steve_Colby

Weekend Traveler

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:All aspects of American History

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

To my friends at on the American Road Forum. My lack of participation has not been intentional. I recently found out I have breast cancer and cancer in my eyes. I have started treatment (chemo) and it is certainly taking it's loll on my ability to function normally.
I will have to live vicariously through your photos and commentaries for awhile.

To add insult to injury, our parrot crapped on my ergo keyboard an shorted out a number of keys on ht e left side... Bummer!

~Steve

#2 Keep the Show on the Road!

Keep the Show on the Road!

King of the Road

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

To my friends at on the American Road Forum. My lack of participation has not been intentional. I recently found out I have breast cancer and cancer in my eyes. I have started treatment (chemo) and it is certainly taking it's loll on my ability to function normally.
I will have to live vicariously through your photos and commentaries for awhile.

To add insult to injury, our parrot crapped on my ergo keyboard an shorted out a number of keys on ht e left side... Bummer!

~Steve

Steve,

We have missed your insightful and interesting posts. I appreciate you letting us know the reason, even if it isn't what I wanted to hear from a friend.

We all wish you a speedy recovery, and in the meantime we will have to satisfy ourselves with revisiting some of your previous gems! Your first is below and it created quite a buzz, as did all of your good stuff.

http://americanroadm...?showtopic=1337

That parrot crap bit beats "The dog ate my homework" by a mile! :lol: :blink:

Dave

Keep the Show on the Road!

#3 mobilene

mobilene

Road Scholar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

Steve, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope for a complete recovery and manageable treatment. -Jim

#4 DennyG

DennyG

Road Scholar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

Sorry to hear of your health issues but hope that the chemo takes its toll on the disease as well. I also hope you didn't hurt the parrot too much. Great story.

#5 knightfan26917

knightfan26917

Road Warrior

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

Steve,

Very sorry about your health issues. Thoughts/prayers en route....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's time to take a leap of faith" __ Steven Curtis Chapman __ 'Dive'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users